Meet the cleaning method backed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): electrostatic disinfection. During the pandemic, the EPA encouraged the use of this spray because of its ability to efficiently coat and clean various surfaces, even ones that are hard to reach. Keep reading to learn about this innovative disinfectant solution and how it can benefit your business.
Electrostatic disinfection refers to the process of spraying electrostatically charged mist onto surfaces or objects to remove bacteria and germs. Because of its strong spray and unique shape, this cleaning method is excellent for hard-to-reach or awkwardly shaped spaces.
This commercial disinfectant spray is a mixture of cleaning solution, pressurized air, and an electrode atomizer. Now, you might be wondering, “What does that mean?”
Don’t worry. We’re here to help explain the process to you. Let’s break it down.
- The antimicrobial spray is electrically charged.
- Choose the cleaning solution you want to use with your electrostatic sprayer.
- When the chemical exits the sprayer, it’s filled with a positive electric charge.
- The cleaning solution droplets are attracted to negatively charged surfaces.
The positive electric charge of this commercial disinfectant spray is what makes it stand out compared to other sprays. This unique spray can cover large areas and walls in record time, making it an efficient and effective way to disinfect surfaces in your building.
There are several benefits of using electrostatic sprayers:
- They reduce the time it takes to cover and clean any surface type, including tight spaces and high surfaces. Electrostatic sprayers take one to five minutes to kill 99.9% of germs.
- They enhance your infection control measures because of how well they work.
- They slow the spread of viruses, germs, and bacteria.
- They apply cleaning products in a quick and controlled manner, making the overall disinfection process more efficient and effective.
- They lower cleaning costs because it takes less time to clean a room when using them, so you spend less on cleaning services and labor.
Want access to powerful, effective antimicrobial spraying services?
Many people confuse foggers with electrostatic sprayers. The main difference between the two is the particle size they produce. Particles from electrostatic sprayers are over five times larger than fogger particles, covering more surface area. If you want to clean a smaller space, foggers are a great option, but electrostatic disinfection is a more efficient option for commercial buildings and offices.
- They eliminate airborne pathogens.
- They’re easy to use. You can pull the fogger trigger, leave it in a room, and close the door, and the tool does all the work by itself.
- They’re excellent for healthcare industries that require small spaces to be cleaned on a regular basis.
- Foggers sometimes result in uneven coverage because the disinfectant sticks to where it lands.
- These devices take longer to get the job done because of their smaller particle size and functionality. Foggers are typically left in a room to complete the job by themselves, but it can take hours for that room to be safe to enter since it’s filled with disinfectant.
- Evenly covers odd-shaped objects and spaces no matter the size, making it an effective cleaning method for furniture and large areas.
- Large particle size that covers more surface area
- Reduces chemical waste because it uses a fine mist which contains fewer products/chemicals
- Less waiting time. After using an electrostatic sprayer, you can enter the room shortly after without being exposed to toxic chemicals.
- More room for human error. These sprayers don’t operate on their own; they must be operated manually.
- It doesn’t stick to all types of surfaces. It sticks to negatively charged objects and surfaces, so the solution won’t work effectively if something is positively charged.
Luckily, there are more pros than cons of electrostatic disinfection. Manual operation increases the accuracy of the spray, so while it increases the chances of human error, it also improves the overall effectiveness of this cleaning technique.
As we stated before, this commercial disinfectant spray is excellent for many surfaces, but let’s get more specific.
Electrostatic disinfection is an effective cleaning method for:
- Furniture, including chairs, tables, desks, and outdoor furniture
- Appliances, including refrigerators and microwaves
- Office spaces
- Building exteriors
- Manufacturing warehouses
- Heavy equipment
- Large walls
- Doors and entryways
Absolute Janitorial is an expert in electrostatic disinfection, and we’ve been using it since this technology became available in 2020. We offer our electrostatic cleaning services for commercial businesses of all sizes. Whether you need to clean your entire office building or sanitize your healthcare equipment, we’ve got you covered.
Contact us today to learn more about our antimicrobial spraying services and how they can benefit your organization.
What We Do
Absolute Janitorial has earned a reputation for stellar cleaning services throughout our home state of Arkansas. Our experienced team members provide a range of customized cleaning services to all types of facilities, from schools to churches.