Did you know that the average carpet stores approximately 200,000 bacteria per square inch? That’s more bacteria than a toilet! Dirty carpets often lead to mold growth and the spread of germs, but you can keep bacteria at bay with deep cleaning solutions. Keep reading to learn when and how to deep clean carpets in your commercial building.
Carpets are the perfect place for germs and bacteria to fester and live, especially in commercial buildings with a lot of people walking in, out, and through it every day. Over time, carpet build up can develop a smell and decrease your overall indoor air quality.
Dirty carpets are also distracting for employees and customers and leave a negative impression on them. If you don’t properly clean your flooring, your clients might think you don’t properly clean the rest of your building, either. Leave a positive impression by deep cleaning carpets and floors.
To effectively deep clean your carpets, remember these three key pieces of advice:
- Hire a professional carpet cleaner to get the job done: Professional cleaners have the knowledge, experience, and cleaning tools necessary for properly deep cleaning carpets. They can get rid of years of build up with innovative equipment and strong cleaning solutions.
- Clean your carpet regularly: This can be done by a professional, as well. Regular carpet cleaning, like vacuuming, helps prevent build up, so your carpets don’t need to be deep cleaned as often.
- Use the proper cleaning products: Make sure your cleaning products are safe and effective. The wrong chemicals could potentially damage your carpets, but partnering with an outsourced cleaning company can help you avoid this.
The frequency of carpet cleans depends on the type, size, and age of your carpet. We recommend daily vacuuming for carpets of all kinds and a deep clean every 12 to 18 months. Regular cleaning prevents a lot of build up and deep cleaning gets all the tough stains, smells, and messes out.
When was the last time your carpet was deep cleaned? If you can’t remember, it’s probably time to hire a professional carpet cleaner.
To correctly deep clean your building’s carpets, it’s helpful to understand the types of carpet care available to you. Each of these services has a different purpose and aids in the cleanliness of your floors:
Some stains and messes are too difficult for the average person to clean. You likely don’t have strong enough cleaning products or the proper equipment to remove tough stains correctly. That’s why emergency carpet cleaning is such a valuable service.
Emergency carpet cleaning is a deep cleaning service suitable for large, emergency stains and messes, including:
- Water damage from a leak
- Bodily fluids (blood, vomit, etc.)
- Dark liquid spills
Emergency carpet cleaning gets your carpet back to normal in record time. Professionally cleaning messes as they happen helps prevent carpet build up and strange smells.
Stairway areas can be difficult to clean. Luckily, many professional cleaners offer stairway carpet cleaning as a service.
Commercial office buildings with multiple floors and wall-to-wall carpets typically have carpeting on the stairs. While carpet has a nice appearance and prevents slipping, they can be difficult, but not impossible, to clean. Follow these steps or hire a cleaning company to properly clean your stairway’s carpet:
- Use a stiff broom or brush to remove dust and debris: Stairs accumulate dust, debris, and stains over time, turning their once bright color and strong fibers into faded and weak ones. Prevent debris build up by regularly cleaning stairs with a stiff broom or brush. Simply sweep the stairs from top to bottom, and sweep the dust into a dustpan and throw it out.
- Clean individual stains with carpet shampoo: Carpet shampoo is excellent for small, tough stains. Use a brush to apply the shampoo and vigorously scrub it. Use a cloth to dry the shampoo. After it dries, the stain will be gone.
- Vacuum: Regular vacuuming makes stairway area carpet cleaning much easier because it prevents build up. The most effective kind of vacuum for carpeted stairs is a lightweight or battery-powered vacuum because they’re easy to maneuver. Use a brush attachment for scrubbing and a hose attachment to clean up dust, mold, and bacteria.
- Use a steam cleaner for heavy-duty stains: One step beyond vacuuming is steam cleaning. Steam cleaners are great for collecting hair, removing stains, and extracting dirt. It’s best used on carpets that have lots of build up and haven’t been deep cleaned in a couple of years.
Deep carpet cleaning, as we previously mentioned, should be done every 12 to 18 months. This process includes:
- Carpet extractions
- Steam cleaning
- Tough stain removal
For the best results, we recommend receiving deep carpet cleaning services from a professional that has the proper equipment and cleaning techniques to get the job done right.
Regular carpet cleaning helps keep your carpet in good condition for a long time and should be completed every day. Regular cleaning includes:
- Light stain removal
Absolute Janitorial Services is a commercial cleaning provider that specializes in carpet care. We understand the unique needs of different types of carpets and have the tools and knowledge to properly take care of your carpet. Our experienced team can help no matter the size of your commercial building.
Contact us today to learn more about our carpet care solutions.