It’s easy for windows to be neglected. You probably don’t clean them every day, and you probably don’t need to. Windows generally accumulate dirt and grime slowly, so it’s tough to notice the buildup. But if you allow your business’s windows to get too dirty, it can have negative effects on your employees, clients, and overall business.
Chances are, you’re already cleaning your workplace on a regular basis. But are you giving your windows the thorough attention they deserve?
Commercial window cleaning has several benefits, including:
- Improved appearance: Storefront window cleaning improves your building’s appearance. If you have products or design elements to show off, a cleaner window makes them more visible to passersby. And if you want to show off the interior of your business, cleaner windows can help you do it. Plus, clean windows make people think more highly of your business.
- Improved views inside: Some people want to keep their windows clean so the people inside can have a clearer, less obstructed view outside. Most people want to at least occasionally look out the window, and clean windows support this much better than dirty ones.
- Employee morale and productivity: Dirty windows probably won’t motivate any of your employees to quit as an isolated factor, but cleaner windows can lead to higher employee morale and productivity. A more pristine workplace leads to happier workers, and happier workers typically work harder.
- Client impressions: If you bring clients or prospects to your business regularly, clean windows can help you form a better impression. This is one of the first aspects of your business they’ll notice—you don’t want to drop the ball here.
- Reduced allergen circulation: Dirty windows lead to the circulation of more allergens, which can cause problems for some of your employees. Well-kept windows will mitigate this effect.
- Longer lifespan for windows: Did you know that keeping your windows clean also makes them last longer? If you want your building to be in the best condition possible, it’s advisable to clean the windows at least occasionally. Cleaning the windows is also a great opportunity to inspect them for points of damage or deterioration that can be addressed before they worsen.
- Higher energy efficiency: Clean windows also lead to higher energy efficiency, preventing heat buildup from the sun.
Make your customers and employees happy with a clean office. Absolute Janitorial Services will help you create the ideal workspace.
This is a tricky question to answer, since every business operates a bit differently. Some businesses should clean their windows multiple times a week. Some businesses can get away with cleaning their windows only once or twice a year.
Of course, as a general rule, you should always clean your windows when they’re dirty. But you’ll need to keep several factors in mind when calculating how often to clean your windows, like:
- The nature of your business: First, you’ll need to think about the industry of your business and the people you serve. For example, a restaurant typically requires windows to be cleaned on a more frequent basis than a conventional office; when patrons can see into the restaurant and notice the windows are exceptionally clean, they’ll be much more likely to dine in. Similarly, hospitals and businesses in the healthcare industry should have clean windows to present an image of hygiene and sanitation.
- Local weather: What are the local weather conditions like? If you live in an area with high winds and dust storms, you’ll probably need to clean your windows more frequently than a business in an area with very mild weather.
- Seasonal factors: Seasonal factors should also influence how often you clean your windows. Rain, snow, and mixed precipitation can all leave more spots and streaks on your windows.
- Landscaping: Certain landscaping factors can increase how often you clean your business windows. For example, some types of plants may leave debris.
- Other environmental factors: Other environmental factors can also make your windows dirtier. For example, if you work in an industrial setting, dust and debris from manufacturing could ruin your windows faster.
If you want your windows to remain as clean as possible, your best option is to enlist the help of commercial window cleaning services. This way, your employees won’t have to be responsible for washing the windows, and you can guarantee a clean and professional look year round.
Your commercial window cleaning service provider will likely provide the following:
- Cleaning – There are many products and strategies that can be applied to commercial window cleaning depending on the types of windows you have. No matter what, your commercial window cleaner will do what it takes to make your windows sparkle.
- Inspection – This is also an opportunity for your window cleaner to inspect your windows for problems. Small cracks and chips, broken seals, and insect infestations are just some of the issues we might find; if we do notice anything, we may be able to correct it or mitigate it.
- Preservation – Commercial window cleaners also focus on preservation, relying on protective strategies to ensure your windows last as long as possible.
Are you looking for a way to boost employee productivity while improving the reputation of your business? Are you ready to put a formal window cleaning process in place? Absolute Janitorial can help. Contact us for a free window cleaning quote today!